ETV Paaduthaa is happening again this year in the USA. After a successful debut last year, this program has garnered so much interest and demand, that ETV and SP Balasubramaniam garu have decided to do a USA based competition this year 2014 as well.
What is Paaduthaa Theeyaga?
Paaduthaa Theeyaga is a realty Indian singing talent search competition in Telugu language that is telecast on ETV. The program seeks to discover the best singing talent through a series of auditions conducted in various cities of USA. Hosted by the one and only Legendary Padmabhushan S.P.Balasubramanyam, this show consistently delivers high TRP ratings whenever it is telecasted, including repeat telecasts. Regarded as the most authentic talent hunt show in Telugu. The winners, as well as a few participants have gone on to become successful playback singers such as HemaChandra, Karunya etc.
How to Participate ?
- Anyone in the age between 9 years through 12 years can participate.
- Interested candidates may register for selection process for next series of Paaduthaa Theeyaga which is planned to be recorded in the USA, approximately around June and July.
- Registration process involves
1. Filling up the Registration Form (download here) and email to Paaduthaa2014@outlook.com
2. Upload or email a Photo (email to Paaduthaa2014@outlook.com)
3. Upload an AV (audio visual) file (not exceeding 20 MB size) and share the link.
4. Uploading could be to your own SkyDrive, DropBox or YouTube and sharing the link.
5. You can also provide links to your YouTube videos in case you have already posted.
6. Submission of a high quality AV file is your responsibility.
After registration and the AV file with photo are submitted, a confirmation link will be emailed to the email supplied in the registration form.
Paaduthaa Theeyaga team shall review the forms / performance files received. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted and no communication in this regard is entertained.
- When is the last date for registration?
The deadline for registration is 1/25/2014. Only registrations which are complete will be accepted and confirmation sent.
- What is a Complete Registration?
Registrations should include a completely filled out Registration form, A Photo (emailed or uploaded) and an AV file uploaded and a link sent.
- What is the total duration of the event?
30 episodes, 5-6 weeks maximum.
- What is the participant’s age group?
It is 9-12 age group only.
- What are the start and grand finale dates?
Tentative schedule planned is from 31st May to 5th July (Subject to receiving expected no.of responses and quality).
- When will the full schedule of events will be published?
In the month of April’14
- Participants Costs
Travel: Participants & Escorts have to travel on their own to the venues at various cities.
Food: ETV shall bear the expenses of Food for participants and Escorts during rehearsals and shooting days.
Accommodation (Shared occupancy): ETV shall bear the expenses for the participant and one escort during rehearsals and shooting days.
Flight and Taxi costs: Will have to be borne by participants.
Escort costs (Accommodation, food and event tickets): One escort would be allowed with accommodation and food for rehearsals and shooting days, 4 tickets per participant per show would be given as complimentary.
- What are the recommended costumes?
Semi-casual for both Boys and Girls. Indian Traditional is preferred.
- What is the minimum expected stay for the participants?
Total duration in case a participant makes it to finals, would be 5-6 weeks including one week preparation before the launch of shooting.
All events are planned to be recorded on Saturdays and Sundays.
Participants should be available from Thursday onwards for respective event.
- Does someone from PT provide training to participants during the event? If, yes, what type of training is provided?
Yes, training would be provided. ETV is planning for online training from India through Internet video chatting from February 2014. Training involves singing a particular song, refinement in delivery of a song, singing tips, etc.
- When will songs be provided to participants? Does participant has choice to pick a song from a list?
Songs would be provided 30 days before the commencement of first recording. Each participant would be given the list of songs. Paaduthaa Theeyaga team will select the song for Singers. A participant reaching till finals may have to sing about 35 songs. In case he/she is eliminated in initial rounds, the no.of songs would be less.
- Will lyrics and song notation be provided by PT team to participants?
Yes, shall be provided.
- Are practice sessions conducted with Orchestra?
Yes, practice sessions are conducted With Orchestra.
- Is there a duration/repetition limit for each participant?
Duration / repetition limit is not there. Normally, participant is trained till the trainer is satisfied with the performance.
- What is the schedule for warm up practices prior to the first kick-off event?
Online training from Feb’14 onwards. Direct training – 10 days before shoot of the first episode.
- Audition for song – solo or duet?
Can be anything, no strict rule
- With or without karaoke?
- Full song or part of song?
- Only audio or video?
Preferred video thru camcorder or Audio file and photo.
- Can they kids sing Lalitha Sangeetham song or only film song?
Film song and classical film song also OK (one of two, if you are sending two songs)
- How many songs needs to be uploaded for audition?
Up to two songs only
- How many songs kids has to learn to sing for each episode in contest?
From preliminaries through Quarter finals, only one song in each episode per participant. For the Semifinals and finals two songs per episode