Dallas/Fort Worth, often termed the Telugu cultural capital of America has many literary lovers holding passion for Telugu culture and literature deeply rooted in them. Ever since its inception in 1986 TANTEX has been predominantly serving for the welfare of the Telugu people residing in Dallas/Fort Worth.
TANTEX has been recognized as an association on par with national organizations in the USA. In continuing their incredible tradition, TANTEX announced the 2015 governing board. Dr. Narsimha Reddy
Urimindi has been declared as the President of TANTEX for 2015. Migrating to DFW 23 years ago, fondly known as NRU has been an active member in various capacities as office bearer and an active volunteer in
town. Dr. NRU termed that he is blessed to be sworn-in as the president and assured that he will do full justice to the coveted position.
Declaring his interests during his tenure Dr. NRU mentioned preserving the Telugu culture and tradition, focusing on Telugu language by involving future generations are some of the critical aspects. Providing wholesome entertainment, creative programs to attract more people towards TANTEX and safeguarding their interests. He also thanked the sponsors and mentioned, they are the backbone for the organization’s fueled growth.
Executive Committee Members, 2015
President: Dr. Narsimha Reddy Urimindi
President Elect: Subramanyam Jonnalagadda
Immediate Past President: Vijaymohan Kakarla
Vice-President: Krishna Reddy Uppalapati
Treasurer: Krishnaveni Seelam
Secretary: Mahesh Aditya Adibhatla
Jt. Secretary: Chinasatyam Veernapu
Jt. Treasurer: Venu Madhav Pavuluri
Ajay Govada, Chandrasekhar Kaja, Jyothi Vanam, Krishna Reddy Koduru, Lakshmi Paleti, Neeraja Padigela, Praveen Billa, Raghu Gajjala, Sharada Singireddy, Shashikanth Kanaparthi, Srilakshmi Mandiga, Sunil Devireddy, Venkat Danda.
Board of Trustees, 2015
Ajay Reddy Aleti (Chair),
Sugan Chagarlamudi (Vice-Chair),
Ramakrishna Reddy Rodda,
Srinivas Reddy Gurram.
Appraising the team Dr. NRU cited “2015 to be educative, entertaining and effective” while simultaneously addressing the needs of the ever increasing Telugu population in Dallas/Fort Worth. Some salient features under the stewardship of Dr. Narsimha Reddy Urimindi:
- Improving the quality of TANTEX programs, thus increasing the keenness among members.
- Emphasize and lay importance on health related aspects for members and community at large residing in Dallas on health aspects.
- Bringing the culturally rich members onto one platform and providing them the excellent platform to perform
- Adapting latest technology to market and bring in awareness about TANTEX
- Laying importance to youth relating activities and providing them a platform to showcase their talents
- Bringing awareness and organizing programs/workshops among the elderly members related to health and fitness
- Involving students from local universities into TANTEX programs
- Increasing the TANTEX member base
- Acquiring the necessary approvals from the life members for the long-awaited proposed permanent building for TANTEX
Speaking on the occasion outgoing president Vijaymohan Kakarla recalled it was a fulfilling experience in 2014 being the president. He assured full support the incoming president, the team and wished all good luck. For more information please login to: www.tantex.org.