Ripe mango pieces cooked in a spicy coconut and yogurt gravy and tempered.
Preparation Time : 16-20 minutes
- Ripe mangoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 4 Green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- Grated 1 cup Coconut
- 1/2 cup Yogurt, whisked
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 2 Red chillies, halved
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Heat 1 cup water in a non stick pan. Once the water boils, add mango, turmeric powder, green chilies, red chilli powder and ginger paste. Allow the mixture to simmer for ten minutes.
Add coconut paste and cook for two minutes. Add ½ cup water and allow it to boil. Add the whisked yogurt and mix well.
In a non stick pan heat oil, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. Allow them to splutter. Add the whole red chillies and sauté for thirty seconds. Add to the mango curry.
Add salt to taste and mix well.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.