Indian Style Okra
Makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced fresh okra
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and cook until tender.
- Stir in the okra, and season with cumin, ginger, coriander, pepper and salt.
- Cook and stir for a few minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and cover the pan. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until okra is tender.
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 25 mins
- READY IN 35 min